Tuesday, May 8, 2012

This Could Only Happen To Me

As I petal and petal past the Muffin Patch
As I make my way to the store, at last
And as soon as I get there i pull out my list
2 tomatoes, lettuce, and an onion the size of my fist
Im ready to check out, I've filled up my cart
And then suddenly, I have a brain fart
It's gone, it's gone my moms credit card
I have to admit, I am now scared
For life, because if my mom finds out
She will start to scream and shout
So I start to run around franticly
                                                               Then I hear them say they found it, I'm relieved

                                                                                                            -Abby

3 comments:

  1. I think your poem is very clever. Your words helped me visualize the action and build suspense right up to the last line! Well done.
    By the way, your teacher is married to my brother. I am a retired 2nd grade teacher who lives in Florida and visits Raquette Lake every summer.
    P.S. I love the Muffin Patch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh, I know this feeling very well. Have lost my purse, my jacket and a bunch of other things. That heart stopping, stomach sinking, skin sweating, OMG feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poem reminded me of the times I did lose my credit card and the panic attack that came when I discovered this, visualizing going in debt for the rest of my life because someone charged everything they could possibly ever want, losing everything I have to pay off the card and avoid going to jail! But then it was MY credit card, not my mother's!! That would have been more than a panic attack! I probably would have been grounded for the rest of my life!

    ReplyDelete